Ok...laptop finally up. Here we go.
1) Alexana 2009 Pinot Noir - BIG pinot -- 14.5%. I think they should have picked earlier.
2) Seufert Winery 2009 Vine Idyl Pinot Noir -- Brett, Brett. Nice. A bit jammy for me. Would still work with food.
3) Johan Vineyards 2009 Nils Reserve Pinot Noir -- Good fruit forward, but not jammy. Lots of red fruit. Really nice bottle. Would love with pork chop with lentils and herbs de provence. Nice!
Retail: $ 45
Grade: B+ (wish it was priced a bit less!!)
4) Gallo (Gina Gallo) 2008 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon - Much less tannin than typical NapaCab. Would be nice with lamb and salt from the moon (right, Bridg??).
Grade: B (you should try this!!!)
5) Seven of Hearts - 2010 GSM - Fruit from Columbia Valley, WA - Lots of cedar, tobacco, spice. Good front to back. THIS is what I want to pair with food....from Salmon to Pork. Really loving what Byron is doing. It's HUGE, but it's TINY at the same time.
6) Maryhill Winery -- 2008 Zinfandel. Boy...it's big at 14.5%, but would work with big cheese...almost dessert as well.
7) J. Christopher 2010 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. Still tight and could use some time. Nice red fruit.
Grade: C+ (buy now and hold)
8) Archery Summit 2010 Premier Cuvee Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. Wow. Love this. Great OR Pinot. We think this is ready to go. Would pair great with Salmon, pork, Coq au Vin. Love!
9) Cornerstone Oregon (and Cellars) 2009 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir - I really love this. 5 AVAs. 14 months in barrel. 100% French oak. 60% new. Really think this is nice, but 2010 probably better. Nice!
Grade: B+ (really wish this was priced lower. ...delicious!!!! -- waiting for 2010!!!)
10) Esporao - 2010 Quatro Castas. Aragonez, Tinta Melida, Tinta Caiada, Alfrocheiro. I think this is a gotta have. Lovely. Paella. Delicious!!!!
Grade: A- (find this, buy this!!!)
40 Under 40: Wine Enthusiast
3 weeks ago